This guide shows you how to download Monaco and install it on your operating system (Linux/macOS or Windows).
- Go to the Monaco release page.
- Download the appropriate version.
- Check that the Monaco binary is available on your PATH. This process will differ depending on your operating system (see steps below).
- Operating System
- Linux / macOS
For Linux/macOS, we recommend using
curl. You can download it from here or use
Make the binary executable:
Optionally, install Monaco to a central location in your
This command assumes that the binary is currently in your downloads folder and that your $PATH includes
Now you can execute the
monaco command to verify the download.
Before you start, you need to set the PATH on Windows:
- Go to Control Panel -> System -> System settings -> Environment Variables.
- Scroll down in system variables until you find PATH.
- Click edit and change accordingly.
- Include a semicolon at the end of the previous as that is the delimiter, i.e., c:\path;c:\path2
- Launch a new console for the settings to take effect.
Once your PATH is set, verify the installation by running
monaco from your terminal.
Now that Monaco is installed, follow our introductory guide on how to deploy a configuration to Dynatrace.